Personal Painting Coaching Class
Difficulty: All Levels
Weekly Group Class
Anderson Hobby Lobby
Your Personal Painting Coaching Class
I will be starting this weekly coaching class in May or June. Please email me with your information if you are interested and I will put you on the list and notify you when this weekly class will start. I hoped to start sooner, but due to my traveling schedule it will not be possible. Contact Me
I have had many requests from my students to have a class where the student can paint what they want to paint, rather than have the same painting for everyone with help on how to paint it, so I am putting out the idea of doing a class. If I get enough interest I will add this class to my schedule.
This class would be a weekly subscription class where you pay one monthly fee and can come to a 3 hour class every week. Each class will be held at the Anderson Hobby Lobby. Other locations will be added if there is enough interest. There is a limit of 10 students so each student can get individual attention as needed.
You can bring your own project (photo, picture, etc.) or you can choose from the many ideas I will have on hand. I will work one-on-one with each student, helping them design their project and working with you step by step till the painting is finished.You will learn:
- Composition, idea and concepts
- Drawing techniques and/or how to get your idea on the canvas
- Mixing colors, values, temperature
- Brush Strokes
- and more…
This class is about taking your oil painting skills to the next level…no matter where you are starting. So contact me and let me know if you are interested.
Class Outline and Supplies Needed
Students will supply their own materials: easel, paint, brushes etc. See below for recommended supply list.Students should arrive promptly and set up to start painting. I will give a short lesson on a painting subject (color mixing, color temperature, focal point, etc) as you are setting up. You can start painting at any time and I will work with each student as needed to help with their project, answering questions, etc.
Suggested supplies (most supplies are available at Hobby Lobby, but I have included links to online sources below.
- Oil Paint
- Colors for a minimum palette are: Ultra Marine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Yellow Light, Titanium White, Ivory Black, Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre.
- Painting medium
- Brushes and palette knife
- Several sizes of flats or brights 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
- Several sizes of filberts 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
- Mop brush
- 1″ bristle brush to apply medium
- Palette knife, small and medium
- Palette paper – I recommend a pad of palette paper so you can tear off the sheet when you need
- Paper towels
- Transfer paper (for tracing a pattern)
- A small amount of Odorless Paint thinner in a sealed container. or other brush cleaning medium like baby oil.
Nice to have:
- Gesso – white and black
- Carrying case for supplies
- Wet canvas carrier
- Quiller Color wheel
- Kemper wipe out tool – I use this to sign my paintings,
- A covered paint palette holder with lid.
- 3 hours of group coaching
- One-on-One coaching and instruction each class
- Ideas, patterns, instruction on setting up still lifes, etc. as needed
- Occasional Plein Air (outdoor painting) field trips
10 Seats Remaining – Sign Up Today
SPECIAL TRIAL PERIOD: Your first month is only $100
Your credit card will be billed automatically on a monthly basis – Cancel anytime!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Register to receive occasional emails about upcoming classes, new painting packets and video/dvd training.